UKE LIKE THE PROS ADVANTAGE:
Flight loves to innovate with new and unusual ukulele designs that you won’t find anywhere else. With the Nighthawk models, they wanted to create a ukulele with some of the most popular features of the Spirit and the Mustang but with a twist! The result is a sophisticated looking uke with eye-catching appointments like blue pearloid cutaway and binding, square off-set fretboard markers, and a dark and moody ‘moonburst’ finish! The Nighthawk is like the sports car of the Royal series – precise, agile and not for the faint of heart!
They paired a solid African Mahogany body with a solid Spruce top for a sound that is both traditional and modern. Mahogany is a warm and resonant sounding tonewood with a long heritage in the making of ukuleles. The mahogany body combined with a solid spruce top adds brightness and projection, providing a ukulele that is balanced, responsive, and chimes like a bell!
Like many of Flight’s Royal Series from 2020 onwards, the Nighthawk model features a gorgeous chocolatey Rosewood fingerboard and bridge. Historically a very popular hardwood for fretted instruments, rosewood can add warmth to the sound of an instrument while lessening harsh higher frequencies.
The Nighthawk features a rosewood bridge, as well as a real bone nut and a compensated saddle. Compensated saddles help to properly set the intonation of each string. The Nighthawk includes a pin bridge system, which helps keep the strings properly aligned on the ukulele, as well as to create a break angle over the saddle that transfers vibrations efficiently to the spruce soundboard of the ukulele.
Worth Browns were an obvious choice for this ukulele as they perfectly match the tone of the instrument: offering both a precise clarity with a warmth that is as balanced as the uke itself.
Spruce, although a great sounding tonewood, can sometimes look quite plain so we decided to ‘spruce’ up the appearance of this ukulele with a dark burst. Imagine a sunburst in black and white and you have our ‘moonburst’ – the cooler, hipper cousin!
The gorgeous pearloid rosette and flashy blue cutaway and binding add bling to this ukulele – even the Flight logo is pearloid blue! The square, off-set fret markers are eye-catching and modern looking. Far from being a retiring wallflower, this ukulele wants to be noticed!
The scalloped cutaway that has been so popular with the Spirit, Mustang and Victoria models was something we wanted to include on this model. This intelligent design allows for playing up the frets but without the compromise on volume and tone that many full cutaways inflict. It also showcases the absolute craftsmanship and mastery of our luthiers.
The controls for the active pickup are mounted underneath the sound hole, meaning that a cavity does not have to be created on the side of the ukulele for the pickup. Most importantly, they sound great! Ukuleles with the new active pickups include an “A” (for “Active”) as a part of their model number.
Their now famous signature headstock is bold and striking, infusing innovation into all the benefits of a slotted headstock. Its round, airy shape not only looks amazing, it also makes the headstock lighter than most. You will certainly be turning heads and tuners with this headstock.
All of Flight’s Royal series ukuleles come with a luxury red gig bag with a purple infusion. Associated with royalty, this regal color adds a final touch to our Royal Series. The bag features 20mm padding which is thick and will ensure good protection for your uke.
- Body Shape: Concert
- Top: Solid Spruce With Moonburst Stain
- Back & Side: Solid Mahogany
- Bridge: Rosewood
Neck: African Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Nut Width: 36mm
- Scale Legth: 15 Inches
- Total Frets: 17
- Offset Position Markers: 3th, 5th, 7th, 10th, 12th and 15th frets.
- Bridge: String-Through Bridge
- Binding: Blue
- Rosette: White Pearloid
- Deluxe 20mm Padded Gig Bag Included
- Pickup: Active Double C1U
- Strings: Worth Brown - G - C - E -A with HIGH G
- Free Month Premium Membership at ukelikethepros.com - $29.95 Value
- Each Instrument Inspected and Played Before Shipping
- FREE Flight Padded Gig Bag (DISCOUNTED Hard Cases Available)
- Fully Insured US & Worldwide Shipping
- Custom Setups Available (See Below)
- Free World Famous Candy Pack
- Free Uke Like The Pros Chord Chart
- Free Uke Like The Pros Microfiber Cloth
- Free Uke Like The Pros Sticker
- Usually Ships in 1-2 Days, Sometimes Same Day
- Will Ship Fully Insured Anywhere In The World.
- Flight Backed Warranty
* CUSTOM SETUP - Each Flight comes with a factory setup BUT if you are particular about your setups, have arthritis, or want the easiest playability with low action (how close the strings are to the fretboard) please click the "ADD Custom Setup" on this page.
* CASE - You can ADD a RECOMMEND DISCOUNTED Hard Shell Case to protect your new instrument in shipment and beyond. Click the "ADD CASE"
* A humidifier is HIGHLY recommended with all orders. No matter where you live humidifiers not only protect your investment but also help the warranty process go smoother because you have taken the steps to ensure the safety and protection of your ukulele.
* Either the Oasis OH-18 (OH-32 for extra dry areas) or the Boveda Humidifier are recommended and available here at store.ukelikethepros.com. Click "ADD Humidifier"
* NOTE - You will receive a similar Flight in the PHOTOS